The following simple measures can make a big difference:
- Identify additional causes of Hair Loss, whether local or general, and correct them where possible. Improving the quality of hair in the donor area may need the HT procedure to be postponed by a few months
- Use medications such as Finasteride tablets and Minoxidil lotion
- Correct nutritional deficiency by taking a 3-6 month course of Multi Vitamins and Minerals
- Have a healthy lifestyle with balanced diet
- Smoking has to be stopped and alcohol needs to be strictly curtailed
Needless to say, all these measures need the active involvement of a Doctor with the right expertise.