Dr. Satish Bhat is a well-established Plastic Surgeon in the Medical Hub of Mangalore.His unique academic qualifications are a testimony to the long, intense surgical training he has undergone. He is one of the few, in the country truly speaking, to hold a double certification (by a University and The National Board of Medicine-DNB) in both the broad Specialty (General Surgery) as well as the Sub-specialty (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery). These achievements are capped by his selection as a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK in 2004.
This training places him in a unique position to deliver results across a wide range of problems in a predictable manner with high precision. His decade long experience in the field of Plastic Surgery has been gained from several premier institutes in India and Overseas, including the Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai; the Ganga hospital, Coimbatore and the Prince of Wales Hospital at Hong Kong.
Presently, he is a Professor in Plastic Surgery at YMC, Mangalore. He in charge of the Dept of Plastic Surgery at the Yenepoya Hospital, Mangalore and is available for private consultation at Linea Cosmetic Surgery Centre at Falnir, Mangalore.
Dr. Satish has the unique distinction of being the first Surgeon in over a decade to qualify as an Advanced Mountaineer from the prestigious Nehru Institute of Mountaineering at Uttarkashi in 2000. His attributes of meticulous planning, respect for nature and most of all highest priority to safety, is reflected in his work & results - whether as a Mountaineer or as a Surgeon.
Over the last few years, Dr. Satish Bhat has become an indispensable part of the medical community in the region. His efforts have left a huge impact on the lives of the people treated by him. Satisfied overseas patients are steadily joining the group of people whose lives have been changes thanks to Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery.
To know more about our surgeon, click here
- High quality human and material infrastructure
- Adequate pre-operative consultations:
- Avoid overdoing - this has inherent risks and complications
- Ensure the patient's expectations are justified by the surgeon's findings
- To provide information on the various treatment options for the given situation and suggest the simplest option to achieve safe and predictable results
- Post-op care to attend to all concerns adequately
- All this will ensure that the procedure will be individually tailored for each patient
- When patients are realistic and motivated, the results can be extraordinary
Reconstructive surgery is the foundation of all Plastic Surgery techniques; plastic surgery was born as a separate speciality(branch) to cater to wounds, deformity & disability-'surgical' problems needing sound planning, delicate technique, gentle tissue handling & predictable results.
We use reconstructive surgery techniques to solve problems due to wounds, deformity & disability anywhere on the external aspect of the human body-from head to toe; though appearance (cosmesis/aesthesis) cannot be given priority greater than the previous goals, modern Reconstructive Surgery techniques sometimes permit Aesthetic Reconstruction- reconstructive surgery results that are cosmetically very acceptable.
What Peers Say
- Right Thumb Reattached by Plastic Surgery - September 2012
- Interview of Dr. Satish Bhat on online health magazine - Futuremedicine.com - July 2012
- Plastic Surgery to Amputated Limb Saves Life Yet Again - May 2012
- Unique Plastic Surgery Reattaches Worker's Chopped Off Hand - Jan 2011
- Puttur Rotary camp - Feb 2011
- Sino-nasal Mycosis Prosthesis - Indian Journal Plastic Surgery, 2006
- Prefabricated Flap or Graft. www.PRSJournal.com, 2008
- Update on Melanoma Management - Hong Kong Journal of Dermatology Venerology, 2008
- The Role of Freestyle Perforator-Based Pedicled Flaps in Reconstruction of Delayed, Traumatic Defects, 2009
- Verrucou Haemangioma - Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery, 2010
Cosmetic Surgery Website